City town of Peillonnex
961 Route de Bonneville, 74250, Peillonnex
All year round.
Peillonnex, located at the foot of the Môle, altit. 690m, area 604 km2, population 1390 inhabitants. Our village goes down in history in the early years of the 11th century, when Count Robert of Geneva donated land to the community of priests who live near the church built around 988 and dedicated to the Virgin. The current Romanesque church of Notre-Dame-de-l'Assomption (late 12th century) is listed in the register of historical monuments. In the back of the chancel, you can admire a stucco altarpiece made in the 18th century in the Baroque style. On August 15, the patronal feast day, mass is traditionally celebrated in the open air on the outskirts of a remarkable cedar, composed of seven trunks, with a circumference of 7.70 mA near this classified site, there is an equestrian center , one of the largest in the department. The town center has kept its village character where life is good. Hiking trails have been developed and allow walks on foot, by bike, on horseback and in team. About fifteen associations create animation and a link between the generations.